Our Little Bunny

I am finally - and officially - someone's Aunt. It is so surreal. Before her arrival we were all (of course) quite excited and anticipatorily counting down the weeks to B-Day. Society expects that of us, because it is a well known fact that all most babies are adorably pleasant;  and I, too, have a ticking time bomb in my uterus.

What surprised me was that I expected myself to feel "Oh hi. You're cute. See ya." like I do about basically every other baby I've met so far; but instead I can't stop thinking about her! With everything I do/say/think I find myself questioning how I would explain myself to her. How I would make her understand my life, or just life in general. I feel accountable & this time it really has nothing to do with my job in accounts. It's so very, very strange and deliciously startling.

The world feels so different with her in it with us.

Little Chané was born on 7 Nov 2013 @ 10:33 am & just over 3 kg.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

Dark Side of the Cookie

I Will Wait