First, You Have To Want It

No. Wanting something won't automatically mean that you'll get it.

I believe, however, that you need to want it enough, first. You have to want it so much that you're actually willing to change everything about your life to make it happen.

That's not where it stops, either. From that moment, when you've decided that you want it more than anything else, you still need to want it so bad that you're willing to base your decisions on getting yourself closer to that one thing. Every. Single. Decision.

In the end, the hardest part of wanting anything is to accept right at the start that - despite everything you may do throughout your life - things might still turn out differently. And then, you'll have to just roll with the punches, so make sure that what you want, is really worth all the effort. Don't want anything just because someone else says/thinks that you should.

Looking back, then, I'm exactly where I should be, because most of the decisions I made, were based on staying true to my inner voice, and not allowing anyone to make my decisions for me (give or take a few punches I didn't see coming).

PC: Viktor Hanacek, Picjumbo.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

I Will Wait

Dark Side of the Cookie