Why Blog?

Amongst the billions of people on this planet, how many of us have this relentless internal compass, persistently steering us towards something greater? A lucky few find out where they're headed early on in life. I'm not one of them.

When I was fifteen years old, depression (combined with circumstance) almost cost me my life. These days, on the good days, I feel lucky to have survived my own actions. I also feel like there must be a higher purpose for my existence. Maybe there's a story in me waiting to be told, or perhaps I can provide encouragement to others like me out there. It's been over 17 years and I still don't know what this inherent pull is trying to show/teach/tell me.

My blog is churned out as a byproduct of these musings. I thought that if I could open the flood gates, I could maybe share something meaningful through the words I write, or the content I share. Most of the time, I still think my posts lack substance, and it feels like I still have eons to go before I reach my goal, but I hope that at least one of my posts put a smile on at least one of your faces. Or that I made you feel less alone (even if only for a second).

Do you blog? And if you do, what made you start?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

I Will Wait

Dark Side of the Cookie