Skip to main content

Why Blog?

Amongst the billions of people on this planet, how many of us have this relentless internal compass, persistently steering us towards something greater? A lucky few find out where they're headed early on in life. I'm not one of them.

When I was fifteen years old, depression (combined with circumstance) almost cost me my life. These days, on the good days, I feel lucky to have survived my own actions. I also feel like there must be a higher purpose for my existence. Maybe there's a story in me waiting to be told, or perhaps I can provide encouragement to others like me out there. It's been over 17 years and I still don't know what this inherent pull is trying to show/teach/tell me.

My blog is churned out as a byproduct of these musings. I thought that if I could open the flood gates, I could maybe share something meaningful through the words I write, or the content I share. Most of the time, I still think my posts lack substance, and it feels like I still have eons to go before I reach my goal, but I hope that at least one of my posts put a smile on at least one of your faces. Or that I made you feel less alone (even if only for a second).

Do you blog? And if you do, what made you start?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Quotable: Let Them Eat Cake!

Just FYI: "Let them eat cake" is a phrase widely attributed to Marie-Antoinette, but according to History.com, she probably never even said it.

Being Good in Bed & Other Unwholesome Habits

How are those New Year's Resolutions working out for you?
Sticking to my new morning routine is one that continued to kick my ass right into October. I was pretty motivated to kick off my newly designed routine but a few weeks into 2017 it tanked. Hard.

Living comfortably is a privilege not afforded to many and all things considered, I must admit that my life actually is quite plush. I have room to be lazy in, including - but not limited to - sleeping in almost daily. Maybe that's how I got all fluffed up. (I literally - and I do mean LITERALLY - piled on the body mass of an average sized person*, except it was all excess fat.)
The Why Whatever the reason(s) behind my massive weight gain over the past 15 years, I've finally had enough when it dawned on me that although weight has nothing to do with worth or beauty, lab results are the kind of numbers you need to pay attention to (more on this later).

I was done with my lack of discipline.

I was done with unhealthy choices…

Weekly Quotable: Star-tangled manner