Occulus

Pic Source: Impawards.com
I am not afraid of the dark, and struggle more with weird dreams than I do with nightmares, so I find it laborious discovering good horror these days.

As luck would have it, the 2013 film Oculus proved to be less disappointing as I had expected it to be.

The plot (a girl set on proving that all is not what it seemed behind her parents' deaths, cue creepy mirror lady), is told at an adequate level of psychologically fucked-up, and without spilling any spoilers, I can tell you there was at least one scene that made me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I have to agree with Maynard though - the pace dwindled halfway through, and there were definitely room for improvement (although I am not qualified to speak to its cinematic properties such as camera angles, etc).

This movie should be horrifying enough for you if your stomach is not as strong as mine (or if you don't get the same adrenaline kick from fear as I do).

And if you do find the movie too scary, just try to remind yourself that the father is also this guy from Empire Records.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

Dark Side of the Cookie

I Will Wait