Rainbows & Patience

How Can A Step Back Take You Forward?
The story of Noah, the Ark, and the Great Flood taught me how.

I reread it alongside Wendy Blight's 'Obeying When It Seems Impossible' teaching on Genesis 7. At the end of it, she asks whether there are any seemingly impossible tasks in our lives, and what we can do to take a step closer to accomplishing them.

My life so far had nothing as daunting as Noah's instructions from God, but I recalled advice my father once gave me. He said that I need to surrender control once I've asked/prayed for help.

You see, my dad jokingly told everyone that my very first words were "Ek wil self" ('I want to do it myself'). Although this paints a clear picture of me as a toddler, I have since learnt that it is important to ask for help. The only part of this whole thing that I haven't mastered yet, is to allow enough time and opportunity for others to help me after I've asked them to.

Rainbows are a sign that God will never again wipe out all life on earth with a flood. ['And God said, "This is the sign... Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember..." - Gen 9:12 - 16 NIV] Next time it will also be a reminder for me to pray and wait in obedience so that God can intervene and help me when life turns tricky.

Ireland's Fanad Head Lighthouse, PC: The Amazing Pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

Dark Side of the Cookie

I Will Wait