Skip to main content

I Am The Walrus

One helluva Monday! Apologies for keeping you waiting...

I want you to form a deep understanding of just how weird this week's song is. Listening to the words just won't cut it, because in this case the actual lyrics sound like misheard lyrics. You'll find yourself wondering, after every line, whether what you heard was actually what was sung. Take a minute to read them. It won't exactly set your mind at rest, but you'll feel better knowing that there's nothing wrong with your hearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Quotable: Let Them Eat Cake!

Just FYI: "Let them eat cake" is a phrase widely attributed to Marie-Antoinette, but according to History.com, she probably never even said it.

Weekly Quotable: Star-tangled manner

Pinterest Trial #6: Cheesecake

This wasn't my first tango with a cheesecake.
First time around (a few months ago) it came out all cracked and spotty-looking, despite the fact that I had set my sights on the simplest recipe I could find.

Before my second attempt I changed tactics. I did some online research before firing up the mixer and it totally paid off! No cracks, an even colour all around and a way creamier texture.


I'm THE WORST at absolutely everything in the kitchen, so to all my fellow Kitchen Catastrophes out there - here's what I did differently for Baby Brother's 21st birthday lunch @ Mom's:
Cream Cheese - looks like Philadelphia Cream Cheese disappeared from South African shelves, so I used 3 tubs of LANCEWOOD® Full Fat Cream Cheese instead.Cookie Crumbs - using my mortar, with a double-lining of cling wrap to keep the crumbs from sticking to it, I pestled a box of BAKERS Nuttikrust® biscuits until reduced to fine crumbs. (We have a granite set like this one at home and I was able t…